Competent is Not an Option
Build an Elite Leadership Team Following the Talent Development Game Plan of Sports Champions
“How can I develop an elite leadership team when there’s hardly any time to get my real work done?”
This is a universal lament from business leaders in fast-paced organizations… until they apply the unique and time-efficient practices outlined in this book. Competent is Not an Option shows you how to adapt the talent development process used to develop championship sports teams to produce an all-star leadership team in your business.
What if you could …
- Compress a year’s worth of leadership development activities into one month?
- Build leadership capabilities every day, even during phone calls, giving presentations, or in breaks between meetings?
- Ignite hidden leadership capacity in yourself and your key executives?
- Turn mind-numbing meetings into engaging skill-building sessions?
- Break free from your unconscious self-limiting constraints to achieve goals you’ve given up on or never even contemplated?
What sports teams know—about mindset shifts, practice methods, and elite talent development habits—isn’t taught in any business school or corporate training department. Apply the principles in this book and you will develop an elite leadership team who can out-think, out-practice, out-learn, out-innovate, and out-perform your competition.
Invent Business Opportunities No One Else Can Imagine
This book provides a road map for anyone who wants to start a new business or improve an existing business. The detailed plan shows you how to leverage new ideas into lucrative business opportunities. It elevates you out of the “copy-cat” business mode and launches you into the profit-producing role of trendsetter.
Designed for senior executive strategists, top sales producers, small business entrepreneurs, and dedicated professionals, this is a unique and practical book that brings together key elements for achieving enduring success:
- How to create a strategy that makes you competitor’s jaws drop in envy.
- How to systematically recognize your customers’ needs even before they ask.
- How to transcend conventional thinking and create something unique.
- How to adopt core beliefs of trendsetting leaders.
- How to align an organization/team to prepare a foundation for the future, while still producing today’s desired results.
Getting Physical: How to Stick With Your Exercise Program
Getting Physical will give you the lasting motivation you need to stick with your exercise program –not just for a few weeks but for good. This proven program includes:
- Recognizing the key differences between regular exercisers and everybody else—commitment.
- Breaking fee of the Easy-Way-Out Traps that sabotage consistent exercise.
- Setting personal goals to inspire your fitness program
- Turning a friend into your motivation coach
- Preparing for the inevitable weak moments when you’re tempted to quit
- Finding time to exercise no matter how busy your schedule